Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Two: February 2, 2011


Alright, up to the present. Day two was a bit of a test from the get go. I got up in time to guzzle 2 cups of yerba mate (leftover from last night after I passed out with it bedside) as well as crush a breakfast of eggs, black beans and tomatoes all within 30 minutes of waking (that is if you don't consider hitting the snooze button 5 times over an hour an act of being "awake").

The fun started when I got to work this morning. Unless you're living under a rock, you know that today was cold. Really. Fucking. Cold. Anyways, as I drove down Mopac I noticed that all the highway lights suddenly shut off and the true darkness of 6:00AM really became apparent. Little did I know that this would be a foreshadowing for the rest of my day.

As you might guess, Whole Foods Lamar, as well as most of downtown Austin, was the victim of rolling blackouts all morning that prevented the store from opening on time. It hadn't even opened by the time I left for the day...six hours later! Now what was I doing there for so long you might ask? Nothing. It was pointless. I've never felt so unproductive. I texted, read a magazine, pretended to detail the ovens, bitched and moaned until they couldn't take it anymore and let me leave around 12:30. The irony of the day? Because we did not open, the bakery was forced to spoil out all the freshly baked goods that we could not sell. An announcement was made over the intercom that all cookies, brownies, muffins, kolaches, donuts and the like were free to team members. Grab em while they last! A herd of employees stampeded to loot the soon-to-be ravaged bakery display case, but that herd did NOT include this guy. I was totally bummed, to say the least. But looking on the bright side, had I not been on day 2 of this experiment (and still totally motivated) I would have probably wolfed no less than 4 donuts and a few cookies. Andy: 1, temptation: 0.

Without further ado, today's consumption:

-water consumption: 10 c
-yerba mate tea (2 c)
-coffee-french press (1 c)
-egg (3 ea)
-sw black beans (1 c)
-tomato (1/4 c)
-romaine (2 c)
-sw black beans (1 c)
-sauteed onions/red pepper (1/2 c)
-sw grilled chicken (6 oz) (grilled chicken w/ some spices)
-avocado (1/2 ea)
-salsa fresca (2 T)
-roasted poblano (2 T)
-cottage cheese (1/4 c)
-red wine (1 c)


I only ended up consuming 2 meals today (the second being a MAMMOTH Chipotle-esque burrito bowl. I did, however, spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen this afternoon preparing not only today's meal, but a little summin' summin' for tomorrow (to help me knock out some of day 1's leftover cauliflower and lentils). Check back in tomorrow for to see my first crack at a popular Indian dish: Lamb Vindaloo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment