Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day Seven: Monday, February 7, 2011

Man, did I feel like crap this morning. Waking up with absolutely zero appetite, I decided to skip breakfast. I did, however, spend most of my morning working on a pint of coffee laced with cayenne pepper. I managed only a couple bites of food early in the day, and then one last meal around 6:00. It was nothing to write home about, just leftovers essentially. I am still chipping away at that massive quantity of curried lentils I made last week, and I managed to finish off some romaine. I sauteed some zucchini, yellow squash, shitake mushrooms, onions, red bell peppers, broccoli, and scallions spiked with a little sesame oil and tamari (easy Asian-inspired accent).

I've decided that Mondays are going to be "get rid of leftovers" day. This is the day to take care of the stuff that just didn't seem to get eaten throughout the week (probably because they're not as desirable as eggs, turkey bacon and cottage cheese). These lentils are really taking there toll on me. I am OVER them for a while, but I don't like to waste so I'm going to force them down. I think I've learned my lesson on making way too many lentils.

The day was definitely a recovery day. At the moment, I have no desire for anything sweet. I'm sure that will change as the week goes on, but for right now, I am in the hurt locker. I hope today's light calorie intake will put me back on track.

water: 9 c
coffee w/ cayenne (2 c)
2 oz black eyed peas (texas caviar)
2 oz sauteed broccoli
2 c lentils
3 c romaine
1 c veggies sauteed in tamari/sesami oils

No comments:

Post a Comment