Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day One: February 1, 2011


Since this blog did not exist yesterday, I will quickly summarize my first day on the Slow Carb Diet:

Not eating bread sucks.

Oh well, I got through it. In fact, it has been a creativity-inspiring 24 hours. Rather than think about what I CAN'T eat, I've started a list of the foods that I CAN eat. Although many of my usual favorite items are omitted from the list, I can't help but think of the endless possibilities. Here is the link. It is by no means complete as I plan on updating it regularly.

Although yesterday was technically the first day of the "experiment," I did not begin the day with my exact intentions in mind. Because I did not fully commit to it until later in the day, I made a couple of "questionable" decisions from the get go (i.e. chicken salad/goji berries). Nowhere to go but up from here.

Here's a list of day 1's eating (in order of consumption)*
-water consumption: 9 c
-scrambled eggs (6oz)
-bacon (1 slice)
-classic chicken salad (4oz)
-coffee w/ cinnamon (2 c)
-yerba mate tea (3 c)
-spring mix (1/4 c)
-tomato (1 oz)
-spinach/mushroom sautee (1 oz)
-curried cauliflower w/ kale (2 c)
-sw black beans (1 c)
-red lentil dahl (1 c)
-goji berries (1/4c)


*note that times of meals are not given. again, the purpose of all of this is for observation, not necessarily to gather empirical evidence.

2 comments: